'The Drive' refers to a game-winning touchdown drive against the Texas A&M Aggies at College Station on November the 11th, 2006. The drive propelled the Huskers from behind to win the game and thus solidify their first Big XII North Championship in seven years.
The drive started with the Huskers down 21 to 27, after Barry Turner blocked a 42-yard field goal attempt by the Aggies to extend it to a nine point game. The first offensive play started with 1:51 left on the clock, from the Cornhusker's own 24 yard line. The Huskers drove systematically all the way down the field to the Aggies 9 yard line, where Zac Taylor purposefully underthrew a "fade pattern" (The receiver makes a bee line down the field) to Maurice Purify who leaped and caught the touchdown with 20 seconds left in the game. The extra point by Jordan Congdon put the Huskers up by one point, thus propelling them to the win.
List of PlaysEdit
- 2:04 remaining - Barry Turner blocks 42-yard field goal, giving Huskers possession at their own 24 with 1:51 left.
- 1st and 10 - 1:51 remaining - Quarterback Zac Taylor in shotgun, throws ball out of bounds
- 2nd and 10 - 1:43 remaining - Quarterback Zac Taylor passes up the middle to Brandon Jackson for a seven yard gain to the Nebraska 31.
- 3rd and 3 - 1:17 remaining - Taylor passes right, dropped by Todd Peterson.
- 4th and 3 - 1:13 remaining - Taylor out of shotgun, rolls right, pass complete to Peterson for 22 yards to the Aggie 45.
- 1st and 10 - 1:05 remaining - Taylor out of shotgun, throws left, pass dropped by Terrence Nunn.
- 2nd and 10 - :57 remaining - Taylor out of shotgun, throws right, pass caught by Dan Erickson for 15 yards to the Aggie 30.
- 1st and 10 - :51 remaining - Taylor out of shotgun, throws out of bounds right.
- 2nd and 10 - :45 remaining - Taylor out of shotgun, throws over middle, complete to Peterson for 13 yards to the Aggie 17
- 1st and 10 - :38 remaining - Taylor spikes ball.
- 2nd and 10 - :35 remaining - Taylor out of shotgun, throws right, dropped by Peterson.
- 3rd and 10 - :31 remaining - Taylor out of shotgun, throws to end zone for Purify, incomplete. Roughing the passer penalty moves Huskers to Aggie 9.
- 1st and 10 - :26 remaining - Taylor out of shotgun, throws left to Purify, touchdown Nebraska.